Telling Time after SHTFTime to get up, time for bed, time for this or that. We are a schedule based organism. If the grid is gone or the corner store, how will we get power or batteries for our watches? Self winding and manually wound watches are one option, but even they need a master watch maker if things go awry.
- Find the Big Dipper and use it to locate the North Star.
- Envision the North Star as the center of a clock and draw an imaginary line from the North Star through the two pointer stars of the Big Dipper. This imaginary line will act as the hour hand of a clock.
- Now imagine a 24-hour clock, where the hour hand moves counterclockwise, opposite to the motion of a normal clock's hour hands.
- When the pointer hand points straight to the top of the imaginary clock, the time would be midnight.
- To calculate other times, you need to perform this calculationTime = Dipper Time – 2 X the number of months since March 6.
- On March 6, there is no need for this calculation. The time on the imaginary Big Dipper clock will be the actual time.