Go For the EyesThese days one can never fully judge the actions of a potential attacker. Is this just a robbery and then they'll leave you in peace? Is this a rape? Is this someone who is going to kill you? Regardless of the intent, you have 2 very clear choices in any confrontation:
- Let the attacker impose their will on you.
- Give the attacker something unexpected to deal with.
Scenario #1You're in a restaurant, eating with your family, when a drunk troublemaker targets your family. You've already tried to talk him down, but things keep escalating. You need a distraction to get your family out of there. You have a table full of food and drinks before you. What do you do? Go for the eyes! Humans with stuff in their eyes, are at a serious disadvantage. Blinding an assailant might be as simple as pouring the salt or pepper shaker's contents into your hand, then tossing it into his/her eyes. Table Weapons:
- Baby Powder or Face Powder
- Flour, sugar, etc
- Contents of an Ash Tray
- Hot Coffee
- Contents of a spray bottle (insect killer, perfume, fire extinguisher, hair spray, etc)
Scenario #2You are walking down a deserted sidewalk, sipping on your delicious cup of coffee. A bad guy begins his assault on you. Do you:
- Go for your weapon in your purse or grab your pocket knife?
- Fill the attackers face with a nice cup full of hot coffee?