How prepared are you to survive in the wilderness? It is no doubt that adjusting your mindset and plans to adapt to a new and harsh environment could be hard. However, being equipped with valuable skills will help you to overcome the challenges and even exploit the opportunity. So, instead of quitting you will be able to survive. The SERE training prepares you to bend where otherwise the obstacles would break you.
What Is The Origin Of SERE Training Schools?
• Survival and Evasion
• Resistance and Escape
• How to navigate.
• How to make small evasive fires.
• How to obtain water and food.
• How to construct evasive shelter for warmth.Here is a valuable US Army Survival training video that shows various vital skills for field survival when surviving in an area that is possibly controlled by the enemy.
• Camo bandage and headscarf
• Water purification tablets
• Tinder cubes
• IR patches
• Signal mirror
• A tiny Leatherman (P4 Squirt)
• A handcuff key
• Small finger lights (IR and red light which are Velcro to your fingers)
• Waterproof match case that has a mirror on the inner side, matches, fire starter, flint striker and button compass. Most personnel also have necessities in their company such as water bottles, cooking equipment, and a KaBar knife. It is assumed that you already have these.
• Insect repellant
• Combat gauze/quick clot
• Sun cream
• Cyalume stick (chemlight)
• Anti-septic towlettes
• Travel through extreme terrain to strain the dog and the handler as well.
• Avoid crossing over water; dripping water possess a strong scent.
• Collect the water that you have used washing your skin in a small bucket, make a tinny drip hole on the lower side and attach it to a moving object such as a small raft made using sticks or vehicle to throw the scent away.
• Coat your body with petroleum jelly to avoid leaving any skin cell that could be used by the dog to trace you.
• When you can, safely crossing a river will confuse the trackers and their dogs. Certain survival schools advise trainees to also use a zip line for this.
• Make several large and sharp direction changes. This will make the handler doubt his tracker dog and give up.
• Move in the same direction with the wind to avoid getting your scent carried towards the tracker dog.
• Find herd of local animals such as cattle to walk over your tracks.
• Leave behind decoy tracks.
• Alter your running or walking gaits.
• I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.
• If I am captured, I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.
• If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information nor take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will back them up in every way.
• I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_the_United_States_Fighting_Force
• You have visited an African country or the Middle East on your tours and you are kidnapped.
• You volunteer to work on any country in the world in your journalism profession and you are taken by terrorists such as ISIS.
• You get lost in unfamiliar neighborhood, and you need to secretly trace your way back safely and secretly without being noticed.
• Some people break into your house in the night, and they hold you together with your family hostages as they perform a search on the house.
• As you finish packing your minivan with groceries, a car hijacker forces you inside and drives away with you and your child inside.
• While walking home from school, someone pushes you against the wall next to an alley and threatens you with a knife as he sexually assaults or rob you.
• A natural disaster breaks that exposes you and your family to danger from people looking for what they need from people still having supplies.
• Home preparedness
• Scout sniper operations
• Tactical scout skill
• Wilderness survival and urban survival skills
• Bush craft
• Military, combative, and law enforcement tactical training
• Complete SERE skills
• Small group personalized training or private lessons, arctic survival, jungle survival, firearms training and tracking and much more.
You don’t have to be afraid of the interrogation phase since it only lasts for 2 hours of all the 7 days in training. If you choose to go through resistance phase then you should expect to be maced, stun gunned and go through harsh treatments. However, when you are done with this phase, you are certainly going to be greatly proud of yourself for surviving and escaping custody with much ease. During the training, you will be taken through escaping rope, duct tape, zip ties, handcuffs and much more. You will be taught how to beat anything that might be used by your captors to tie you.
Whether you are currently traveling the world or looking forward to travel at some point, you need to master the skills on escape and evasion. This is why this training is quite appropriate for you. The course will only last for 7 days, and when the days end, you will have instilled more confidence in yourself that will help you to survive in any challenging survival situations. Check out this link to discover more information on how you can enroll for SERE training.
• Training in the best learning environments for practical lessons.
• First responder education/ wilderness first aid.
• Certified training covering all areas of wilderness survival.
• Training to everyone regardless of the age.
• Customized courses to suit your needs.
• Minimum of 5 students group courses for special pricing.To find out more about northwest survival school, check out this link
I. S.E.R.E. 3 DAYS – Basic Survival Program
The program is centered in non-gear survival training. This means that the only gear that the trainees are allowed to have is their knife. They are then required to survive in the wild with the basic skills that they have been taught using the limited resource they have.
II. S.E.R.E. 5 DAYS- Advanced Survival Program
This course is also centered in non-gear survival training but without a gear this time. Students are required to improvise anything that they need in order to survive. They set deadly traps, hunt big game animals as they try to find rescue from the rescue zones using only their map and compass.
III. S.E.R.E. 7 DAYS- Advance Environment Swap Program
This course is extra harder and also centered on non-gear survival training. The trainees are captured and held captives in urban areas. They are required to come up with escape plane, escape and navigate as they improvise tools to help them survive. Fighting in order to survive is also involved as they are being pursued by special operation units.
The objectives of the training is to:
• Training units to be independent when conducting their tasks in different environments with no support in terms of food, water and any other equipment.
• Train student survival skills that will enable to get solutions in difficult situations.
• Equip trainees with the survival skills and used in rescue and search operations.
• Train students on how to avoid being captured, evading capture, resisting and escaping techniques.
• Checking trainees qualification.
• Checking trainee’s physical and psychological state.
• Monitoring individual performance in difficult situations.
• Nurturing self confidence and psychological; stability.
• Equipping students with trust and awareness.
• Upgrading trainee’s independence in difficult scenarios.
This guide provides you with all the basic information that you need to know before diving into SERE. So, if your personal security is your primary concern then you shouldn’t hesitate enrolling in one of the schools offering this program.