Bug-out bag time! It’s late at night. You’re asleep. You awaken, you hear sirens, neighbors screaming, FEMA vans are rolling into your neighborhood. You grab your bug-out bag, the kids and scramble out the back door and into the night. You have your 1 quart canteen of water. You thought you’d have more time to prepare. How can you get by with 32 oz of water? You’ve got kids to think of.
Then you realize that water is very heavy, you could never carry enough. What do you do?
1000 Liters of Water for Your Bug-Out Bag
You can carry numerous methods of water purification in your bug-out bag. Chemicals and water treatment tabs take time. If you need water now and need to be able to drink almost ANY water that you find along your route there is 1 clear answer. LifeStraw!
That’s right, LifeStraw.
- Removes a minimum of 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria per manufacturer.(>LOG 6 reduction)
- LifeStraw® offers easy access to clean and safe drinking water away from home!
- Filters up to 1000L of contaminated water per the manufacturer.
- Removes a minimum of 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites per manufacturer.
- Reduces water turbidity by filtering particles of approximately 0.2 microns.
- Time Magazine Invention of the Year winner
- contains no chemicals, no batteries and no moving parts to wear out
- Shelf life has been extended to 5 years
- high flow rate
- weighs only 2oz
It is perfect for the bug-out bag, ultralight backpacker, camper, hiker, traveler, boy scout, hunter or for emergencies. Unlike many similar filters on the market today, LifeStraw has met EPA standards for water filtration in independent testing.
LifeStraw has been used around the world under extreme conditions for humanitarian relief. There are entire youtube videos dedicated to it and the gross water it has cleaned!
For under $30 you get 1000 liters of clean, drinking water, that adds only only 2 oz to your bug-out bag.
I have purchased at least a dozen of these. I have them in my bug out bag, my wife and children’s bug out bags, I have one in each of our vehicles and I have given these as gifts to my family. For the portable “Straw” style filters the LifeStraw is the clear winner!
- DIY Home Water Filter
- Disinfect Water with Calcium Hypochlorite
- Purifying water with bleach
- Restricted Water and the Secret Weapon to Access It
- Water Filter Systems for Preppers
- Bug-Out Bag with 1000 Liters of Water